breathe, relax, let go
Keep in mind...
- your body is safe
- you are experiencing a substance-induced state of mind, which will end
- this is normal
- too warm or too cold?
- overwhelmed by noise?
- in an uncomfortable social situation?
- moving around in your environment; even standing on the other side of the room can help
- changing the music to something light or upbeat
- thinking of someone you love
- wrapping yourself in a blanket
Peer Support Resources
Fireside Project's Calling Line
Fireside Project's Texting Line
TripSit's Internet Chat
Classical psychedelics—such as LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline-containing cacti, and DMT—are safe. If you are unsure about the toxicity of your substance, click here to search for it and then scroll down to find toxicity.
If you feel someone is in immediate danger of physical harm, including yourself, remain calm and contact emergency medical services.